Dear HR Manager:
Innovative, caring, and trustworthy. These are the qualities that characterize Hospital of sick kids and its employees. As my résumé shows, these are also qualities I possess and hope to demonstrate as a Registered Nurse.
I have worked in The Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi as a student nurse. Each day of the clinical setting has enabled me to work both independently and interdependently, with people and health care team members in a hospital setting. My clinical experiences have provided me with opportunities to provide complex care to critically ill patient with diverse issues as well as implemented individualized program of teaching with patients and family.
I have worked as an Registered Nurse in South City Hospital for nine months. I have worked in the medical surgical, pediatric, NICU and gynecological ward.
I have also worked as Links school as a school health nurse and now I am working at Generation’s School as a school health nurse.
I am confident that my practical experience and knowledge of nursing procedures will allow me to make immediate contributions to your hospital. In short, based on my skills, experience and knowledge I feel confident that I can be a very good candidate for working in your organization.
I am hopeful that you will consider me for an interview after reviewing my profile.
Registered Nurse (RN)
To use my relevant experience commitment to perform quality work and to gain valuable work experience by working registered nurse preferably in pediatrics Intensive Care Unit or cardiac unit.
• Nationality: Pakistani
• Birth Date: 19th November 1984
• Gender: Female
• Marital Status: Married
1 2005-2008 The Aga Khan University School Of Nursing Diploma in Nursing
2 2002- 2004 D.H.A Degree College for Women Bachelors in commerce
3 2000-2002 D.H.A Degree College for Women Intermediate in commerce
4 1998-2000 Progressive Public School Matriculation
• Presently Registered with The Aga Khan university as an RN
• Presently in registered with Sindh Nurses Examination Board as an RN.
Skills and capabilities
• Have leadership qualities, able to give direction to the group of people working together
• Ability to communicate effectively and concisely both verbally and in writing
• Can adjust self to any environment and work in the limited resources available like in under developed areas
• Always try to do something new for the benefit of the organization as well as for other nursing colleagues by conduction on going nursing education sessions
• Confident in giving care to clients irrespective of health status
• Ability to take prompt and appropriate action in emergency situations
Ability to organize workload and identify priorities appropriately
Clinical Experience: (work at Nursing school)
• Provide complex care to critically ill patient with diverse issues.
• Provide care to critically ill patients and assisted in running code for the assigned patients.
• Familiar with OR procedures, RR routines, taking assignment e.g. narcotic cupboard.
• Take preoperative over of the patient..
• Does CVP site care and A-Line re-dressing.
• Writes shift report and submits to shifts supervisor on time.
• Administers medications or narcotics to patients pre and post surgery.
• Able to monitor patients with invasive monitoring for example arterial line / CVP, swan guaze catheter. (During Nursing
• Use critical thinking and related skills to collect patient data & document findings appropriately.
• Implement care that facilitates involvement of the patient, family, and ICU / RR multidisciplinary team.
• Worked as an Infection control Monitor.
• Completed nursing assessments for all patients admitted in medical unit with cardiac, respiratory, gastrointestinal and urological problems.
• Completed nursing assessment for all patients admitted to surgery unit for vascular and general surgery including (AAA, Aortic Femoral Bypass, Mastectomy, shoulder surgeries, and general GI)
• Assumed responsibility for initiating and updating of care plans for all assigned acutely ill and multi problem patients.
• Implemented individualized program of teaching with patients and family.
• Assisted in performing various diagnostic tests.
South City Hospital
Registered Nurse 02/09/2009 – 08/10/2009
• Responsible for managing and caring 8-10 patients, including medications, basic care and comfort etc. Daily activities including taking over of the patient, thorough rounds of the patients which include complete head to toe assessment of new patients and reassessment of old patients, preparing a complete care plan following the nursing process, combine rounds with the physicians and nursing supervisors on the condition of the patients, completing necessary documentation pertaining to the patient and updating files and folders for the upcoming shift, conducting teaching sessions relevant to patient condition etc
Generation’s School 15/09/2011-uptill now
School Health Nurse
• Educate students on health-related topics that are important for the student.
• Consult with students on a variety of health related topics.
• Test student development in order to identify potential problems
• Take care of minor medical issues, such as scrapes and splinters.
• As a student nurse, have undertaken and presented a community of adults on the main diseases in adults example diabetes, heart diseases, treatment and prevention of these diseases etc. The project was done at a community named ‘Sultanabad Colony” in Karachi. Pakistan
• 2007- Basic Life Support
• Ilets 6.5
• Diploma in Office Administration
• Proficient in using MS OFFICE and windows 98, xp, net browsing
• Linguistic command over Urdu and English
• Reading, writing, music and netsurfing
To be provided upon request