LEGAL JOBS IN NIGERIA - JOB TITLE: In – House Lawyer
Legal Jobs in Nigeria - Posted on Jobs-in-nigeria.net 3rd April,2009
RECRUITING COMPANY : MTECH COMMUNICATIONS
The position of In-House Lawyer is a leadership role with primary responsibility for providing legal advice on products developed and executed by the company.
The In-house Lawyer has a direct reporting line to the Director MTech Africa and close working relationships with other heads of the departments. The In-House Lawyer will be working with Product Licensing and Sales divisions and outside legal counsel to identify, manage and protect the company interests.
S/he will be involved in all aspects within the Legal processes, including, but not limited to, drafting rules, reviewing advertising, providing strategic advice on security protocols and handling claims.
- Partner with public relations/communications teams on press releases and consumer communications
- Provide counseling on trademark, copyright, trade secret, patent, right of privacy and right of publicity matters
- Draft and negotiate product licensing, marketing and promotional contracts and other general contract administration including managing Product Licensing Paralegals and working with third party underlying rights holders and third party agents.
- Negotiate and draft licensing, sponsorship, confidentiality, music, sports, media and talent agreements with key marketing partners.
- Counsel national and global marketing teams regarding a wide array of marketing, licensing and promotion matters
- Work closely with paralegals on a variety of matters, including advertising review and promotions
- Identify and qualify potential partners of specific patents and technologies for business opportunities including mergers & acquisition, licensing and commercialization
- Identify, evaluate and advise company on intellectual property assets that impact their business objectives
- Have direct involvement with clients to develop an understanding of critical problems facing the company and demonstrate problem-solving skills by proposing actionable solutions.
- Professionally represent MTech’s expertise, knowledge, and capabilities to clients through an understanding of, and by leveraging, MTech’s business, technical and intellectual property functions in targeted industries.
- Managing intellectual property disputes, and negotiating settlement and supervising litigation related to intellectual property disputes, particularly trademarks and copyrights
- Effectively communicate with executive level decision makers, including, Directors and department level managers regarding business needs and objectives.
- Integrated analysis of technical, intellectual property and business assessments to drive innovation efforts, uncover competitive strategies and define market directions
Education: University degree on law. A master’s degree and specialization in intellectual property rights is necessary.
Experience: The position requires experience in Corporate Law, Labour Laws and Copyright Laws with ability to integrate legal and technical concepts into a business context to produce impactful results. Knowledge of advertising, contract, licensing, intellectual property law is a highly desirable
Legal Jobs in Nigeria : PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Proficient public speaking skills at industry events, media and formal client presentation experience
- Strong analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative
- Creativity and originality in finding the right solutions for company/clients
The successful individual must have the following personal and professional attributes:
- Communication Skills: Superior oral and written communication skills and ability to compose correspondence
- Organizational Skills: Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and work quickly and accurately with minimal direction
- Demonstrated track record of industry leadership through the publication of white papers, journal articles and high-profile speaking engagements
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, collegial and collaborative approach to achievement
- Exceptional organizational skills plus keen attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Ability to work effectively with business and legal clients from many countries
- Ability to effectively communicate with and influence clients at all levels of the organization, including senior management
- Ability to establish proactive counseling relationships with company marketing and communication departments as well as other members of legal organization
- Ability to find practical solutions to business challenges
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate a network of valuable industry contacts
- Takes initiative and shows sound judgment and a strong work ethic
- Ability to travel
- Strong client relationship and negotiation skills a must.
- Ability to participate effectively and constructively as a member of a team.
- Comfortable handling a wide variety of matters, including issues in new, unchartered territory
- Must exercise sound judgment, be able to work independently and efficiently under time pressures and deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Outstanding communications and leadership skills with proven success in building internal and external partnerships
- Ability to be a strategic partner and trusted advisor for the business clients
- Ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams
- Must have strong project management skills and be professional, proactive, enthusiastic and flexible
JOB LOCATION: LAGOS, NIGERIA
TYPE OF JOB: Permanent
SALARY/BENEFITS : Not specified
APPLICATION DEADLINE : Not specified
TO APPLY : Send your CV and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Page - Legal Jobs in Nigeria
Return To the top page of Legal Jobs in Nigeria
Return To Home Page